Friday, September 23, 2011

T'was Mint to Be

Little did I know it would take a rip roaring beast of a flood and a bowl of pumpkin barley soup to get me back inside the doors of a church (it's been a very long while).  Riding my bike into the village today I noticed this sign in front of the Waitsfield United Church of Christ.


Iliyan Deskov and Savitri Bhagavati have set up shop in the basement kitchen of the church until repairs, restoration and renovation of their once charming little restaurant MINT are complete. Another sign inside the door informs us...


You know what they say... when the going gets tough, the tough get cooking

Savitri and Iliyan

I had a wonderful lunch today with my best friend and my daughter in the basement of the village church, it felt kind of special. And you want to know something else? It was the best darn church lunch I've ever had!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share? I'd like to hear from you.