Friday, May 4, 2012

Rainy Day Rescue

I'm going in. I'm pilfering the patch. I know I shouldn't, but it's Cinco de Mayo!  A perfectly good reason for mixing up a pitcher of rhubarbaritas. Not to mention these past few weeks of cold, dreary, sunless, rainy days are driving us to drink loco. And you can't make Rhubarbaritas without fresh rhubarb. Just a handful of stalks is all I need, though the recipe calls for "as much as you have" (whatever that means). I have future plans for our rhubarb patch. Every stalk is priceless when it comes to a "Rhubarb Kiss".


On my way back through the garden I noticed my, first ever started from seed, Walla Walla sweets are sprouting. Dreaming of burgers hot off the grill, slathered in these babies come summertime, kind of makes me want to do a little dance.


So what do you do for fun and sanity while you wait for the sun to shine?

Oliver and Popi have the right idea... it's full out pandemonium on the coffee table. 



Showcasing two of my favorite (Yes, I admit it, I've a thing for these things) superheroes... here they are to save the day!




Here's to sunny skies... Salud!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share? I'd like to hear from you.