Monday, January 17, 2011

It's a Holiday

This is MLK (Martin Luther King) weekend and the area is buzzing with visiting skiers and everyone else they bring along. They're here, tour buses, furry boots and hollywood shades (ah, such fashions). It feels fun and festive, other than long waits at market checkouts or discovering "we can seat you in 65 minutes" because it never occurred to you to call ahead for dinner reservations. And that's okay, things will be calm tomorrow and I will miss the excitement (for a little while).

I'm heading out the door to ski my backyard. At last the snow pack is deep enough to access my favorite playground, yippee for holiday Mondays.

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King, Jr. 
Off we go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share? I'd like to hear from you.