Friday, January 21, 2011

Mercury's Falling


Remember mercury-in-glass thermometers? I'm not certain the phrase "mercury's falling" is suitable any longer since we've gone digital. Fact is, when googled all I found initially were references to Sting's new album "Mercury Falling" and the demise of the Mercury automobile. There was a time when the term referred to the weather occurrence forecast for this coming weekend. The mercury is falling, the temps are dropping and we are in for an arctic invasion of extremely wicked COLD air. In other words, this weekend will be: "colder than a ............  or cold enough to ............". I'll let you fill in the blanks (careful when you google those). I have other things to fill: the wood stove, the bird feeders, my car's gas tank, the soup pot, the wood bin, my hungry belly and just before sleep, the crack under the back door and another piece of wood in the stove for good measure. I'm ready are you?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to your blog. I find it light-hearted and endearing. Keep up the great musings!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share? I'd like to hear from you.