Sunday, November 27, 2011

Maybe Just Maybe

Winter isn't really (not officially) here yet and already I yearn for my garden. More than anything I miss the fresh herbs. I am making Asian meatballs and I need a cup of chopped "fresh" cilantro. I love cilantro!

Maybe, just maybe, the bunch that sprouted late in the summer and I hadn't the heart to till under....

Woo Hoo!

The kitchen is screaming with an earthy green pungent aroma (incredible). Now add to that cup of (picked moments ago) chopped cilantro; Gaylord ground beef, Kenyon eggs, Red Hen bread crumbs, vonTrapp milk and a few assorted ingredients from across the globe Mehuron's and you'll have a tray full of good little soldiers, just like these.


Toss in the oven and in 15 minutes we're off to share them 'round a table filled with dear old friends and their culinary treasures. It's a spur of the moment Sunday evening potluck, a common, yet often extraordinary gastronomical affair in the Mad River Valley. 

What would you bring?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I love surprises from out in the garden... especially dug from beneath the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other gardens from near by shared salad greens and more for dinner tonight. Imagine the bounty a hoop house over a garden bed would provide on each end of our growing season. A project worth investigating next spring, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share? I'd like to hear from you.